Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MY* OTHER* HALF


WELL MY HUSBAND KNOWS I AM FEELING GUILTY ABOUT NOT CONTRIBUTING FINANCIALLY TO OUR FAMILY BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM...BUT WE HAVE ALWAYS STAYED STRONG TO OUR BELIEFS THAT WHEN WE WERE TO HAVE KIDS IT WAS SOULY ABOUT THEM ..NOT HAVING SOMEONE ELSE RAISE OUR KIDS AND WE KNEW THAT WOULD COME WITH A LOT OF SACRIFICES..WE DO WITHOUT WHEN WE NEED TO ,AND YEAH IT SUCKS NOT GOING TO FUN STORES TO BUY CUTE CLOTHS AND HAVE NAME BRAND THINGS..WE HAVE HAD TO SWALLOW PRIDE AND EXCEPT HAMMY DOWN CLOTHS AND FURNITURE..WE DON'T BUY THE LATEST DVD OR CD OR GO ON BIG VACATIONS. BUT I GUESS IN TURN WE HAVEN'T MISSED ANY OF OUR KIDS "FIRSTS" AND NEVER WONDERED WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH THEM PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY FOR THE MAJOR PART OF THE DAY.
MY MOTHER WAS A STAY AT HOME MOM FOR THE MAJORITY OF MY CHILDHOOD. BUT WHEN SHE NEEDED TO WORK TO MAKE ENDS MEET IT WAS ONE DISASTER AFTER ANOTHER.. FROM BABYSITTERS THAT WOULD HIT ,TO ONES THAT WOULD SEE OPPORTUNITIES TO HAVE BOYFRIENDS OVER TO DO WHAT THEY WANTED IN FRONT OF YOU , OR LET YOU GO OUTSIDE AND LET YOU WANDER AROUND ALONE FOR HOURS,(AND THESE WERE BABYSITTERS FROM OUR CHURCH). NEEDLESS TO SAY WHEN MY MOM CAUGHT WIND OF THIS SHE NEVER WENT BACK TO WORK TILL WE WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL. I WANT MY KIDS TO HAVE WHAT I HAD , WHEN I WAS SICK AT SCHOOL I KNEW MY MOM WAS THERE TO CALL,WHEN I WAS SAD ,HURT,EXCITED ,LONELY I KNEW MY MOM WAS HOME WAITING TO SEE HOW SCHOOL WAS. YOU CAN ALWAYS HIRE SOMEONE TO DO THE MAINTENANCE FOR YOUR CHILDREN..FEED THEM ,CHANGE THEM, BUT YOU CANT HIRE SOMEONE TO LOVE THEM , THE WAY YOU WOULD.
SO AFTER TELLING RUSSELL HOW BAD I FELT ABOUT NOT CONTRIBUTING FINANCIALLY AND FEELING LIKE I AM JUST HEAR TO WIPE BUTTS AND DO ENDLESS LAUNDRY , NEVER GETTING THE HOUSE CLEAN, IT SEEMS LIKE THE KIDS WRECKED IT RIGHT BEHIND ME. SO I FELT LIKE I WASNT ACHEIVING ANYTHING, BUT RUSSELL SURPRISED ME WITH A BOOK FROM DR. LAURA CALLED "PRAISE TO THE STAY AT HOME MOMS". IT WAS SO CUTE AND THOUGHTFUL OF RUSS. (THANKS JANICE FOR HELPING HIM FIND IT)
I AM ONLY A COUPLE CHAPTERS IN BUT IT HELP ME REFOCUS WHAT I AM HERE TO DO AND WHY WE HAVE CHOSEN TO PUT OUR KIDS NEEDS FIRST AND OUR WANTS FOR SUPERFICIAL THINGS LAST...
P.S I HAVE SO MUCH RESPECT FOR WORKING MOMS..I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT ALL, AND I HOPE YOU TAKE THIS AS ME RANTING BECAUSE ITS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE. I KNOW A LOT OF MOMS DONT CHOSE TO WORK THEY FEEL THEY HAVE TO AND I UNDERSTAND THAT.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Hey Katie! My dad is a fan of Dr. Laura too. So funny!! When I went with him on the truck for a week, he would wake me up from one of my many naps so we could listen to Dr. Laura together. That lady knows her stuff!

The.Marcellus.Family said...

At first when I starting reading this I thought you were going to say that you ARE going to work. I was like...oh my heck what is she doing.
Everytime I come to your house, it's clean, the kids are dressed, and they are happy kids. Your a really good stay at home mom, and it is also something that I am hoping to be. I don't want to miss any of my kid's firsts. You are an awesome mom Katie, you know that.Even if the house does get dirty, a mess is a kids tornado left behind. Once they get old enough to understand that there are consequences it will make it that much easier.
As for Russell getting that book for you, what a nice boy!I have never really gotten to know Russell all that well before, but now being married and hanging out with you guys more, I have gotten to know him. He is such a sweetheart, and I know he would do anything for our family. You married one of the best guys I know. Mason adores him and thinks so highly of Russell.
Keep doing what your doing, your a great mom Katie. I love you

JD and Jalyn said...

What a good message Katie! Your message made ME feel better - even if I;m working here at home. I see that I'm overworked right now and need to cut back to be able to be here for my kids more. Your a great family. You two are so good with your kids and seem so nice to eachother all the time. I've never known two people to seem so "new in love" this long after they were married. Your an example to us all! Love you sis!